All What I want for Christmas is the GoPro Hero 3.
Don’t we all wish we own one, yes?
I was able to borrow one (Yeah-yuuuh!) and it is even equipped with the Wi-Fi BacPac & remote and casing! I took it with me on our family trip to Puerto Princesa last month and it was the hardest to not fall in love with it. *swoons*
If you’re someone like me who loves adventure, travel and photo/videography, the GoPro is the perfect companion for you.
GoPro cameras are used by more professional athletes, sports filmmakers and core enthusiasts than any other camera in the world. The HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition is the most advanced GoPro camera yet. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 197′ (60m), capable of capturing professional full 170º wide angle 1080p video and 11 megapixel photos at a rate of 10 photos per second, the HD HERO2 is the world’s most versatile camera. Whether your goal is to capture a great day out with friends or you’re gunning for the cover of a magazine, the HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition can help you nail it and look like a HERO.Included are mounting accessories you’re most likely to use during outdoor sports like biking, skiing, skating, kayaking and so on. Other accessories are available via links on the right hand side of this page.The HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition is compatible with all GoPro expansion accessories and BacPacs™, including the Wi-Fi BacPac and Wi-Fi Remote. (source)
- 2X Sharper Professional Glass Lens
- f/2.8 Fixed Focus
- 170º Wide FOV (Including 1080p)
- 127º Medium FOV (In 1080p)
- 90º Narrow FOVVideo
- HD RESOLUTIONS:
- 1080p: 1920×1080, 30FPS
- 960p: 1280×960, 48FPS + 30FPS
- 720p: 1280×720, 60FPS + 30FPS
- STANDARD DEFINITION RESOLUTIONS
- WVGA: 848×480, 120FPS + 60FPS
- High Performance,1 /2.3” CMOS Image Sensor
- Light Sensitivity: .84 V/lux-sec
- Video Format: H.264 codec, .mp4 File Format
- Exposure Control: Spot, Center Weighted
- White Balance: AutoPhoto
- RESOLUTIONS: 11MP, 8MP, 5 MP
- FOV: Wide 170º FOV, Medium 127º FOV
- CAPTURE MODES: Single, 10 Photo Burst, Time-Lapse*, Self-Timer
- * Now supports time-lapse photo every 0.5 seconds. Requires Class 10 speed SD Card.Audio
- Mono, 48 kHz, AAC Compression, Auto Gain Control
- Stereo External Microphone Input (3.5mm)Storage
- SDHC: Up to 32GB (Class 4 or Higher)
- AVERAGE RECORDING TIME WITH 32GB SD CARD:
- 1080p30: 4 hours
- 960p30: 6 hours
- 720p60: 4 hours
- 720p30: 6 hours
- WVGA 120: 4.5 hours
And what made it cooler was the WiFi BacPac that can enable long range remote control (600’/180m in optimal conditions) when used with the Wi-Fi Remote.
It was handy because while I was doing the snorkeling, the mother (who’s afraid to go into the water bec she doesn’t know how to swim) and little sister (who just got her hair rebonded hence no immersing her hair into the water was allowed) was enjoying the view I’m seeing underwater thru the app installed on my iTouch. 😀
GoPro Hero2 live in action at Cowrie Island, Honda Bay, Puerto Princesa, Palawan.
It was sooo fun to use GoPro Hero2 camera! It’s compact and you can mount it on your head, helmet, etc whenever you’re in the move. I hope I can buy myself one (or wait for a GoPro Hero3 to fall from the heavens) so I can play with it more and its features, especially the timelapse feature.
The fisheye effect is to love. 😀
Below is a compilation video of the footages I took using the GoPro Hero2 while we were in Palawan. 🙂
You can get your own GoPro Hero camera and accessories from Dan’s Philippines. They are the official distributor of GoPro Hero cameras and accessories in the Philippines.
Thanks guys for letting me experience the GoPro Hero! The GoPro Hero 3 looks pretty awesome. *wink wink*